Glazed Anise Cookies Recipe. A hint of anise gives these glazed cookies grown up appeal.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 204, Fat: 8 g, Carbohydrates: 31 g, Cholesterol: 32 mg, Sodium: 77 mg, Fiber: 0 g, Protein: 2 g.
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Anise Extract, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 Beat butter and granulated sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add egg, 1/2 teaspoon of the extract and salt; beat until well blended. Gradually beat in flour. Divide dough in half. Wrap each half in wax paper to form a cylinder about 9-inches long and 1 1/2-inches in diameter. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- 2 Preheat oven to 350°F. Cut dough into 1/4-inch slices. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- 3 Bake 12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on baking sheets 1 minute. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.
- 4 Mix confectioners' sugar, water and remaining 1/4 teaspoon extract until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until glaze is set.