This light and lively Greek pasta salad is great for lunches, picnics, barbecues or potlucks. Enjoy as-is or add chicken, fish or pork to amp up the protein.
Shared by Pasta Fits, the National Pasta Association.
- 4 ounces cavatappi
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup / 5 ounces cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup / 6 ounces tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup / 3 ounces red pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup / 1.5 ounces red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup / 1.5 ounces Kalamata olives, pitted and chopped
- 1/4 cup / 1.5 ounces feta cheese, finely crumbled
- 4 cups / 4 ounces red leaf lettuce, chopped or torn
- 1 Cook cavatappi according to package directions. Drain and let cool completely.
- 2 Meanwhile: in large bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar, garlic, mustard, oregano, honey, and salt and pepper until combined. Stir in parsley.
- 3 Add cucumber, tomato, red pepper, onion, olives, and feta to bowl; add pasta and toss well. Let stand for at least 10 minutes. Just before serving, toss with lettuce.
- 4 Serve with grilled chicken, fish or pork tenderloin, if desired.