For a tempting alternative to the traditional turkey sandwich try this tasty leftover-ready recipe.
Recipe courtesy of Harvest House
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium onion, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2-4 ounce cans of chopped green chiles
- 1.4 teaspoon oregano
- 1/3 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 1/2 cups shredded turkey
- 2 cups cheddar and Monterey Jack cheeses
- 1 pack corn tortillas
- 1 pint sour cream
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 Add the butter to a warm sauté pan.
- 2 Add onions and sauté until translucent.
- 3 Add garlic and cook until it becomes aromatic.
- 4 Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
- 5 Pour both cans of green chiles into pan.
- 6 Add cumin, oregano, coriander, chicken broth and a little salt and pepper. Simmer for 5 minutes at low heat.
- 7 Place turkey in a mixing bowl. Add 1/3 cup of the green chile mix, 1/3 cup of sour cream, 1/3 of the cheese mixture and salt and pepper. Mix well.
- 8 Grease a 13x9 baking dish. Place 1 to 2 tablespoons of filling in each tortilla and roll up. Place the rolled tortillas in the baking dish seam-side down. Continue to add rolled tortillas until the top layer is filled.
- 9 Pour the rest of the green chile on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 10 Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.Serve with sour cream, green onions and salsa.