It’s an entree salad and a wonderful dish to enjoy on a summer day. Try this salad tossed with our fantastic Fresh Basil Vinaigrette recipe.
Why Try? The freshest flavors of the season are the focus of this salad, which can be a refreshing lunch or comforting, end-of-the-day dinner.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 2 packages mixed baby greens
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 8 cloves of garlic, smashed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 6 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- 4 portabella mushrooms
- 2 red bell peppers, halved and cleaned
- 2 yellow bell peppers, halved and cleaned
- 1 red onion, cut into thick steaks
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1/2 cup basil vinaigrette, prepared
- 1 In a dish, cover chicken breasts with lemon juice, garlic, rosemary and about half of the olive oil (1/4 cup). Season liberally with salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 2 Pre-heat grill to medium-high.
- 3 Toss vegetables in remaining olive oil and season.
- 4 Grill chicken and vegetables over medium-high heat. Grill chicken breasts for 10 minutes on one side. Turn and grill for another 5 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and juices run clear.
- 5 Grill vegetables until tender, turning frequently.
- 6 Toss baby greens in Basil Vinaigrette and pile onto a large platter. Top with grilled chicken and vegetables. Serve extra vinaigrette on the side.