If you’re not familiar with lamb, Lamb Loin Chops are a great place to start!
This simple and quick weeknight meal is made in less than 20 minutes, has tons of flavor, and looks beautiful when plated.
Recipe and image provided by the American Lamb Board.
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon each garlic salt and coarse pepper
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 8 American Lamb loin chops, 1 1/4-inch thick
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 In small bowl, combine fennel, garlic salt, pepper and olive oil. Rub mixture on both sides of lamb chops and onion slices.
- 2 Grill over coals covered with gray ash. Begin by cooking onions for 5 minutes. Turn onions over when browned and cook until tender. Add lamb chops and grill for 7 minutes on each side or to desired degree of doneness.
- 3 Make grilled onions into rings and top with lamb chops.