Grilled Mahi Mahi with Peach and Pink Grapefruit Relish Recipe – Cooking Light Complete Cookbook. Take a break from grilled burgers, chops and chicken. This sizzling recipe for grilled mahi-mahi is tasty-tasty. Not to mention, better for you.
From the Cooking Light Complete Cookbook.
Cooking Light Complete Cookbook: A Fresh New Way to Cook (Cooking Light) comes in a five-ring binder with an assortment of colorful tabs – including Healthy Cooking, Entertaining, and In Season, plus the more usual categories. It features more than 1,200 recipes, with more than 600 photos.
See our review of the full cookbook here.
CALORIES 226 (5% from fat); FAT 1.4 grams (saturated 0.4 gram, monounsaturated 0.3 gram, polysaturated 0.4 gram); PROTEIN 32.8 grams; CARBOHYDRATES 19.3 grams; FIBER 3.1 grams; CHOLESTEROL 124 milligrams; IRON 3.2 milligrams; SODIUM 448 milligrams; CALCIUM 63 milligrams
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 1/2 cups chopped peeled ripe peaches (about 11/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups pink grapefruit sections (about 2 large grapefruit)
- 1/2 cup small mint leaves
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 (6-ounce) mahimahi or other firm white fish fillets (about 3/4 inch thick)
- Cooking spray
- 1 Prepare grill.
- 2 Place vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from heat. Place onion in a large bowl. Pour vinegar mixture over onion, tossing to coat; cool. Add peaches, grapefruit, mint, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to onion; toss gently.
- 3 Sprinkle fish with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Place fish on grill rack coated with cooking spray; grill 5 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Yield: 6 servings (serving size: 1 fillet and about 2/3 cup relish).