The perfect summer taco! A little sweet, and a little spicy, Grilled Mango and Shrimp Tacos make any outdoor event a tasty one.
Recipe courtesy of Jocelyn Delk Adams on behalf of the National Mango Board.
- 1/3 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tequila
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 4 large Haden Mangos, skinned and sliced
- 8 corn tortillas, warmed
- Jalapeños, fresh or pickled
- Pico de Gallo
- Cotija cheese
- 1 In medium bowl, combine lime juice, tequila, cumin, salt, pepper and cayenne; mix thoroughly. Add the shrimp and toss to coat. Marinate for 10 minutes.
- 2 Preheat a grill to medium-high heat. Remove the shrimp from the marinade and sprinkle with salt. For easy grilling, thread shrimp on a skewer. (If you're using bamboo skewers make sure to soak them in room-temperature water for 30-60 minutes before grilling.) Make sure to leave some space between each shrimp so the heat can circulate.
- 3 Place the mango slices and the shrimp skewers over direct heat and cook, turning once until they are slightly charred, about 3 to 5 minutes per side. For the shrimp make sure the flesh is pink and charred (again about 2-3 minutes on per side).
- 4 To assemble: Place shrimp and grilled mango in the heated tortillas and finish with toppings.