Grilled Portobello Pesto Sandwiches Recipe. Combine portobello mushrooms and pesto for a delicious vegetarian sandwich that even the meat eaters in your circle will enjoy!
This recipe courtesy of FRENCH’S®.
Nutritional Analysis Per Serving: 291 Calories, 5 g Fat, 1 g Saturated Fat, 0 mg Cholesterol, 12 g Protein, 51 g Carbohydrates, 10 g Dietary Fiber, 546 mg Sodium.
- 3 tablespoons FRENCH'S® Spicy Brown Mustard or FRENCH'S® Horseradish Mustard
- 1/4 cup packed basil leaves
- 5 tablespoons light Italian salad dressing, divided
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed (about 1 pound)
- 2 large red bell peppers, cored and quartered lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 4 small whole wheat hoagie rolls, split
- 1 BLEND mustard, basil and 2 tablespoons dressing in mini food processor.
- 2 GRILL and turn mushrooms, peppers and onion over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes, brushing mushrooms with remaining 3 tablespoons dressing.
- 3 LAYER vegetables on bottom of rolls. Drizzle with basil mixture. Cover with top of rolls.