Under or over-grilling prawns, or any seafood, can always be a concern. This recipe makes it easy to cook perfectly grilled prawns over an outdoor barbecue for maximum flavor! The prawns take very little time, just enough to turn the flesh opaque — watch the video to see our technique!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this recipe.
- 24 large shell on king prawns, raw
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp flaked sea salt
- For The Salad:
- 1 bag arugula
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of flaked sea salt
- 1/2 tsp sumac
- To Serve:
- Lemon wedges
- Store bought aioli or garlic mayonnaise
- 1 Slit the prawns along the back and pull out any membrane there (you could omit this step).
- 2 Rub the prawns with the seasoning and set aside to marinate for an hour.
- 3 Grill over a hot barbecue, for about 5 minutes each side, or until the flesh inside is pink and opaque.
- 4 Toss the arugula in the lemon juice, salt, and sumac.
- 5 Serve the hot prawns with the aioli, arugula salad, and lemon wedges.
- 6 Don’t forget to provide a platter for the shells and a finger bowl.