Salmon steaks seasoned and grilled just right make a wonderful main dish. These are prepared using extra-virgin olive oil, seasoned with lemon and oregano. Delish!
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- 1/3 cup good quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, coarsely chopped
- 4 (8 oz. each) salmon steaks (may substitute halibut or swordfish steaks)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- Sprinkle salt and pepper
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 1 Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Mix the olive oil, lemon juice, and oregano in a small bowl. Set olive oil-herb mixture aside.
- 2 Rub the salmon steaks lightly with the vegetable oil and garlic. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill until steaks are opaque in center, about 5 minutes per side.
- 3 TO SERVE: Place steaks on plates. Drizzle the olive oil-herb mixture over steaks. Garnish with lemon wedges and serve.
- Calories 716
- Fat 57
- Carbohydrates 6
- Cholesterol 159
- Sodium 206
- Protein 43