The humble avocado is transformed into a tasty appetizer with the help of McCormick® Guacamole Mix. Try it at your next get-together, and be prepared to keep refilling the bowl!
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
NUTRITION INFORMATION (per serving): Calories: 52, Fat: 4 g,
Carbohydrates: 1 g, Cholesterol: 0 mg, Sodium: 84 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 1 g.
Test Kitchen Tip: The best guacamole is made from ripe avocados. Look for avocados with dark green to almost purple/black skins that feel somewhat soft and yielding to the touch but not mushy. If the avocados are not ripe, place them in a paper bag at room temperature for a day or two.
- 2 medium ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 package McCormick® Guacamole Seasoning Mix
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 Mix avocados, Guacamole Mix, tomato, onion and lime juice in medium bowl. Cover surface with plastic wrap.
- 2 Refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until ready to serve. Stir before serving. Serve with tortilla chips.