This recipe provided by Mercadito Restaurant.
See our video and restaurant review, too.
- 2 avocadoes, sliced in half and pit removed
- 1 cup tomatillo pico de gallo (recipe follows)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons toreado puree (recipe follows)
- 1/4 tablespoon key lime juice
- Salt to taste
- Tomatillo Pico De Gallo:
- 2 cups tomatillo, medium diced
- 1 cups red onions, medium diced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Toreado Puree:
- 1/4 cup oil, separated
- 1/4 cup serrano chiles, sliced lengthwise
- 3/4 cup onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, whole
- 1/4 cup maggi sauce
- 1 In a bowl, add all ingredients.
- 2 With a fork or a whisk, mash and mix well.
- 3 Tomatilla Pico De Gallo:
- 4 In a bowl, combine all ingredients, making sure tomatillo is more visible than the red onion.
- 5 Toreado Puree:
- 6 Heat sauté pan with 1/8 cup oil.
- 7 Add serrano chiles and sauté for 5 to 6 minutes.
- 8 In a separate pot, add remaining oil, let heat and sweat onions and garlic until lightly caramelized.
- 9 Add serrano chiles and sweat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- 10 Add maggi sauce.
- 11 Reduce heat to low and cook down until garlic,onions, and chiles are extremely soft.
- 12 Put all ingredients in blender until a thick puree is formed.