Surprise your friends and family this season with a new coffeecake or sweet quick bread inspired by the popular “monkey bread.” This holiday-rich coffeecake tastes so good that it’s sure to make everyone happy.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 package (5.3) cook-and-serve butterscotch pudding mix (dry, divided)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (divided)
- 4 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups light cream, half-and-half, or milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 Generously coat inside of 9- to 12-cup bundt cake pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons pudding mix and 1/4 cup nuts. Place remaining pudding mix in shallow pan; set aside.
- 2 In large bowl, stir together Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, 1/4 cup sugar and cream to make a soft dough.
- 3 Turn out onto surface dusted with additional biscuit and baking mix. Knead 7 to 10 times. Divide into about 32 balls or pieces.
- 4 Roll each ball in reserved dry pudding mix to coat. Place about 16 balls in prepared pan. Sprinkle with remaining nuts. In small bowl, stir together butter and brown sugar; drizzle half over balls in pan. Repeat with remaining balls and butter mixture.
- 5 Bake at 400°F for 24 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto serving platter and serve.