This recipe for Healthy Frittata Muffins comes from Nancy Kuy. She shared her recipe and photo with me on Facebook and I knew I had to try it.
For one thing, frittatas are such a delightful breakfast treat that are easy to make with a multitude of options for customization. Simplicity and flavor are key for Nancy. She works full-time in healthcare while, at the same time, following her true food passion by starting her own bakery. She doesn’t have time for complication! Healthy Frittata Muffins are the perfect solution.
Her Sweet State Bakery in Los Angeles will highlight unique local, regional and global flavors using all-natural ingredients. She plans to let her Chinese and Jewish heritage shine in her baked goods.
- 10 eggs
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 small bell pepper, red or green, chopped
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded, plus more for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped cooked ham or other protein of choice (perfect for using leftover protein from the holidays)
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- 2 Whisk eggs in a bowl. Add all ingredients to the egg mixture and mix well.
- 3 Spoon mixture to each of the muffin cups (should fill about 10), leaving about 1/4 inch from the top. Top with a sprinkle of cheese if desired.
- 4 Bake for 20-25 min until a toothpick comes out clean. Remove each frittata and let cool.
- 5 Pack 2 muffins into 5 containers for an easy grab and go breakfast. Refrigerate.
- 6 For the next morning, microwave for approximately 1 to 1-1/2 minutes to reheat.