Traditional breakfast meals with eggs may be high in saturated fat and sodium; however, you can create a much healthier version!
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup reduced fat milk
- 1 slice grain bread
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tomato
- 1 In a small bowl, beat together two eggs and add the milk to combine.
- 2 Heat the grill to a medium heat.
- 3 Cut the tomato into two and place under the grill for approx 5 minutes.
- 4 Heat the stove to a medium heat and add the olive oil to heat.
- 5 Pour the egg and milk mixture into the pan and stir around for a few minutes.
- 6 Once the eggs start to thicken take them off the heat straight away (about 3 minutes).
- 7 Put the toast in the toaster, and then serve the eggs over the toast.
- 8 Add the tomato and season with freshly ground pepper and a selection of herbs if desired.
- 9 A teaspoon of finely chopped parsley is delicious.