Heart-shaped pancakes are sweet for a Valentine’s Day breakfast or any day you want to surprise a loved one.
Facts per Serving
Calories: 487 Fat, Total: 31g Carbohydrates, Total: 50g
Cholesterol: 87mg Sodium: 492mg Protein: 4g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 57% % Cal. from Carbs: 41%
Cooking.com Tip: Whipping up a batch of pancakes is an easy way to indulge your loved ones, especially when you use the Farmhouse Pancake and Waffle Mix by Stonewall Kitchen. Made with wheat, cornmeal and malt, this exceptional mix makes pancakes and waffles that are wonderfully light, fluffy and delicious.
Nonstick Heart-Shaped Pancake Molds
Diversified Ceramics Corp. Ramekin, Ceramic, Plain, White, 2-1/2 oz, Dozen, White
Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
- FOR STRAWBERRY BUTTER: 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- FOR PANCAKES: Golden Malted Pancake and Waffle Mix
- Vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- Pure maple syrup, warm
- Fresh strawberries, halved lengthwise
- 1 FOR STRAWBERRY BUTTER: Using hand-held mixer, beat butter in medium bowl until fluffy. Using rubber spatula, fold in strawberry preserves. Spoon butter into small ramekin.
- 2 FOR PANCAKES: Mix batter according to manufacturer's instructions.
- 3 Pour enough vegetable oil into small bowl to come 1-inch up sides of bowl. Dip heart pancake molds into oil. Melt 1/2 tablespoon butter on griddle over medium heat. Place heart pancake molds on griddle, spacing 2 inches apart and allow molds to become hot. Working in batches, pour batter by about 1/3 cupfuls into each mold. Cook until bubbles break on surface, about 3 minutes. Remove pancake molds. Turn pancakes over. Cook until bottoms are golden, about 3 minutes.
- 4 Transfer to plates. Repeat with remaining batter, adding butter to skillet and dipping molds into oil and preheating them before each batch.
- 5 Serve pancakes immediately with strawberry butter, warm maple syrup, and fresh strawberries.