A super dip for a Game Day (or tailgate) party!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 pound Lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Picante sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced or chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 cup Water, divided
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 16 ounces processed Mexican cheese food, cubed
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 In large saucepan, cook ground beef and onion until beef is browned; drain off fat.
- 2 Add picante sauce, green chilies and 1/2 cup water; heat to a boil.
- 3 In glass measure, dissolve Pioneer Country Gravy Mix in remaining 1/2 cup water; stir into boiling mixture until slightly thickened.
- 4 Reduce heat to low; stir in cheese until melted. Stir in cumin and jalapeno pepper. Heat through.
- 5 Serve warm with bread chunks, tortilla chips or corn chips. Makes 4 cups or approximately 8 1/2-cup servings.