These are not your average chocolate dipped strawberries!
These deliciously decadent Heath Rum Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are made with a blend of milk and dark chocolate, melted butter and heath rum, to give it them a candied flavor.
Want to see how it’s done? Watch the how-to video right here!
To see the rest of this three-course meal, click the links below:
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup milk and dark chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons salted butter
- 3-4 tablespoons Heath Rum
- Suggested Toppings: crushed heath toffee candy, cherry sprinkles, your favorite crushed nuts
- 1 Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Wash and Dry strawberries well with paper towels to make sure chocolate adheres perfectly.
- 2 Using a small double boiler add the heath rum and allow to get warm. About 1 minute. Add the butter and allow to melt. Add the chocolate chips and continue to mix until all the chocolate is melted nicely.
- 3 Holding the stem of the berry dip each strawberry into the melted chocolate, making sure the strawberry is covered almost to the stem. Hold the berry over the boiler and allow the excess chocolate to drip off.
- 4 If you are adding toppings to the berries, after dipping into the chocolate and allowing it to drip free carefully roll the berry in your favorite topping.
- 5 Place chocolate covered strawberry onto parchment lined baking sheet and place into the freezer for at least 15 minutes to set. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Store in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months.