Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com
Golden, crisp, and airy, these aromatic delights make the perfect accompaniment to brunch, lunch, and dinner. Serve warm with butter or your
Makes 6 large popovers
Facts per Serving
Calories: 149 Fat, Total: 6g Carbohydrates, Total: 18g
Cholesterol: 79mg Sodium: 139mg Protein: 6g
Fiber: 1g % Cal. from Fat: 36% % Cal. from Carbs: 48%
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Herbes de Provence
- 1 Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- 2 Coat the cups of a popover pan with vegetable oil cooking spray. Set aside.
- 3 In a bowl, whisk together eggs, melted butter, oil, and milk. In a separate bowl, combine flour, salt, and Herbs de Provence and gently add to egg mixture. Mix just until ingredients are combined.
- 4 Place prepared popover pan in oven for 3 minutes. Carefully remove from oven and fill each cup half-full with batter. Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5 Reduce heat to 300ºF and continue to bake for 20 more minutes.
- 6 Remove pan from oven and immediately prick each popover with the tip of a sharp knife to let steam escape. Return pan to oven and bake for 5 more minutes.
- 7 Serve immediately.