Marinate succulent shrimp, provolone cheese, olives, red bell pepper and mushrooms in this herb-rich vinaigrette for a colorful appetizer with sunny Mediterranean flavor.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 192, Fat: 16 g,
Carbohydrates: 3 g,
Cholesterol: 55 mg, Sodium: 358 mg, Fiber: 1 g, Protein: 9 g.
To cook shrimp: Bring 4 cups water and 1 tablespoon OLD BAY® Seasoning to boil in large saucepan. Add shrimp; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Drain; cool with ice cubes. Peel and devein, leaving tails on. Refrigerate until ready to use.
Test Kitchen Tip: Frozen artichoke hearts (8 or 9 ounce package) may be substituted for cauliflowerets. Cook artichoke hearts as directed on package. Drain; cut in bite-sized pieces, if necessary.
- 1 pound shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces provolone or mozzarella cheese, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 8 ounces (about 2 cups) vegetables, such as small whole mushrooms or fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut in bite-sized pieces
- 1 can (6 ounces) pitted large ripe olives, drained
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Basil Leaves
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Place shrimp, cheese, vegetables and olives in large resealable plastic bag or glass dish. Mix remaining ingredients in small bowl. Pour over shrimp and vegetables; toss to coat well.
- 2 Refrigerate 2 hours or up to 12 hours, stirring vegetables or turning bag occasionally. Drain, if desired, to serve.