This recipe demonstrates the versatility of our aromatic mulling spices. Here, they infuse whipped cream with a spicy flavor, creating a festive topping for brandied coffee.
Recipe courtesy of Williams-Sonoma.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons mulling spices
- 3 cups freshly brewed hot coffee
- 4 ounces brandy
- 1 In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the cream, 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the mulling spices. When the cream starts to bubble around the edges, remove the pan from the heat and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 2 Strain the cream mixture through a fine-mesh sieve into a metal bowl and refrigerate until thoroughly chilled, about 1 hour. Using a whisk, beat the cream mixture until stiff peaks form.
- 3 Divide the coffee and brandy among 4 large coffee mugs or bowls, add 2 teaspoons sugar to each and stir to combine. Top each with a large dollop of the spiced whipped cream and serve immediately.