The recipient of this tasty mix just adds water to complete pretty and flavorful green soup.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 1 package Pioneer Country Gravy Mix (2.75 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons Imitation bacon bits
- 2 teaspoons dried celery flakes
- 2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups dried split green peas
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 Pour Pioneer Country Gravy Mix into wide-mouth pint jar. In small bowl stir together bouillon granules, bacon bits, celery flakes, onion and parsley flakes. Pour into jar to make second layer. Add peas; place bay leaf on top. Seal with lid.
- 2 Make a Gift Tag: "Empty contents of jar into large saucepan or Dutch oven. Add 6 cups water; heat to boiling, stirring often. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until peas are tender, stirring frequently to prevent peas from sticking. Remove bay leaf. Serve soup with dollop of sour cream and bacon bits, if desired. Makes 6 servings."
- 3 Attach gift tag and decorate jar as desired.