These decadent bite-sized Honey Brushed Pear and Boursin Crostini appetizers are fit for the royal wedding!
Your party guests are going to be incredibly impressed with your culinary skills but, in reality, this recipe is quick and easy to prepare with minimal cooking time.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board™.
- 1 French baguette
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon each kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 package Boursin cheese, softened to room temp, any flavor
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons parmesan, grated
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
- 18 whole walnuts, toasted
- 1 firm fresh pear, halved, cored and cut into slivers
- 1/2 cup radicchio, shredded
- Sprouts, for garnish, if desired
- 1 Preheat oven to 350˚F.
- 2 Cut baguette into 3/4" slices on the diagonal, discarding ends.
- 3 In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, olive oil, salt and pepper. Lightly brush each side of the crostini with this mixture and place on a baking sheet. Reserve the remaining honey oil mixture for later. Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes until lightly browned. Remove the crostini from the oven and let cool.
- 4 In a small bowl mix together the Boursin cheese, mayo, parmesan, pepper and tarragon until smooth.
- 5 Divide the cheese spread evenly between each crostini. Top the cheese with 2 or 3 pear slices and bake the crostini for another 6-8 minutes or until the cheese is warmed through.
- 6 Remove the crostini from the oven and top with the walnuts and the shredded radicchio. Drizzle the remaining honey oil mixture over the crostini.
- 7 Serve immediately or at room temperature, garnish with the sprouts if desired.
- 1 You can substitute apples for the pears and try some blue cheese added to the Boursin for a different flavor.