Sloppy Joes just got a little sweeter!
Elevate the taste of your sloppy joe by giving it a delicious hint of honey. Made with ground turkey or beef, fresh vegetables and a delicious blend of sauces and spices, this will become a regular feature in your weeknight menu.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board™.
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/4 cups celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, grated
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb. ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 cup tomato paste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 hamburger buns
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 In a large pan over medium heat, sauté onions, celery and carrots in oil until soft. Stir in turkey; cook 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until turkey is browned and crumbly. Stir in remaining ingredients, except seasonings and hamburger buns. Simmer, covered, 3 to 5 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 2 Divide mixture evenly between hamburger buns to serve.