Kids will love this sweet vegetable dish.
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
- 2 cans (14 1/2-ounces) sliced carrots, drained
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 cup Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Bisquit & Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F. Oil a shallow 1 1/2-quart baking dish. Set aside.
- 2 Place carrots in container of an electric blender or food processor and process until smooth. Add eggs, 1/4 butter, honey, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ginger. Set aside.
- 3 Combine 1/2 cup Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix and milk in a large saucepan; stir until smooth. Bring to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly. Boil and stir 1 minute until thickened. Remove from heat. Add carrot mixture; beat well.
- 4 Spoon carrot mixture into baking dish. Combine topping ingredients and sprinkle evenly over top.
- 5 Bake 33 to 35 minutes until center is set.