You can do way more with the flavor of baby back ribs than you may think!
This recipe for Honey pecan Baby Back Ribs needs only a few spices that you probably already have in the cabinet: your favorite barbecue sauce, some fresh honey, and toasted pecans for a crunchy and flavorful finish.
Recipe and image courtesy of the National Honey Board.
- 4 lbs. baby back pork ribs, cut into 4 to 5 rib racks
- 2/3 cup honey, divided
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1 cup toasted pecans, ground finely
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 bottle (18 ounce) prepared barbecue sauce
- Toasted pecans, for sprinkling on finished ribs
- 1 Preheat grill to 300° F or medium heat.
- 2 Lay each rack of ribs on a large piece of foil.
- 3 In a small bowl, combine 1/3 cup honey, pepper, paprika, salt and garlic powder. Rub both sides of each rack with 1 T of the mixture, divided evenly.
- 4 Wrap foil around racks to form packets. Place foil packets seam-side up on grill rack and put down the cover and bake on the grill about 1 1/2 hours.Remove ribs from the grill, spray grill racks with vegetable oil spray and fire up the grill up to medium-high.
- 5 Remove ribs from the grill, spray grill racks with vegetable oil spray and fire up the grill up to medium-high.
- 6 Combine pecans and flour. Remove rib racks from foil and press pecan mixture onto meaty side of each rack.
- 7 Combine barbecue sauce and 1/3 cup honey. Drizzle pecan crust with honey barbecue sauce to cover.
- 8 Grill each rib rack over medium heat 2 to 3 minutes, starting with the bare side and brushing on more sauce as desired. Turn and baste the ribs until they are caramelized.
- 9 Sprinkle with additional toasted chopped pecans and extra honey barbecue sauce and serve.