Put a spin on this year’s Thanksgiving with the addition of exciting, bold, island-inspired flavors to your dinner table!
Featured at the Ba’theli Restaurant & Lounge at Milaidhoo Island Maldives, this Ihi Riha Maldivian Curry is a delicious and Asian-inspired dish that will elevate your Thanksgiving dinner to an entirely new level of explosively delicious flavor.
Want more? Click here to see the Traditional Turmeric Gravy recipe from Milaidhoo Island Maldives.
Ba’theli Restaurant is the first modern Maldivian restaurant in the Maldives and this recipe is courtesy of Milaidhoo Island Maldives.
- 10 oz fresh lobster meat
- 10 oz prawn
- 7 oz clam
- 2 pieces medium onions, finely sliced
- 2 pieces fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1 1/4 cups coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 6 pieces whole curry leaves
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- 1 Heat the oil in a pan over a medium-high heat. Add onion, tomatoe, ginger, garlic paste, salt, and curry leaves
- 2 Add cumin and turmeric powder. Sauté until fragrant
- 3 Add the coconut milk and reduce the heat to low. Add the Lobster, prawn and clam, cook until white
- 4 Once the curry is ready, garnish with fried onion and fried curry leaf. Serve with steamed rice, chapatti bread, sliced lemon, green chili and raw onion wedges