Kicked Up Cole Slaw Recipe. Fresh vegetables and peppers spice up this cole slaw to be the perfect accompaniment to barbecue.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 3/4 Cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 Cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 Cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 3 Tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 4 Teaspoons celery seeds
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 Teaspoon cayenne
- 3 Cups shredded green cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 3 Cups shredded red cabbage (about 1/2 head)
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 large carrot peeled, shredded
- 1/2 Cup grated yellow onion
- 1/4 Cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 In a bowl, combine the mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, buttermilk, celery seeds, salt, pepper, and cayenne, and whisk well to dissolve the sugar.
- 2 In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.
- 3 Toss with the dressing until evenly coated. Adjust seasoning, to taste.
- 4 Place in the refrigerator, covered, to chill slightly before serving.