This recipe courtesy of Chef Phillip Andriano of Chef’s Diet®. It’s part of an all-day Father’s Day menu devoted to maintaining a balanced diet.
As with all Chef’s Diet meals, it contains a 40-30-30 balance, with 40% carbs, 30% protein and 30% fats.
Click here to check out the rest of the menu.
- 2 ounces graham cracker crumbs
- 2 ounces fructose
- 4 ounces soy cream cheese
- 4 ounces egg whites
- 24 ounces ricotta, skim
- 4 ounces chocolate syrup
- Optional: Cocoa Powder or Bitter Sweet Chocolate Shavings
- 1 Spray ramekins with release spray and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
- 2 Allow to set in refrigerator until you complete batter (preferably up to an hour, if time permits).
- 3 In a bowl, cream fructose with soy cream cheese using mixer on low setting.
- 4 Gradually add egg whites.
- 5 Add ricotta, stir to combine mixture.
- 6 Remove ramekins and spread cheese mixture over crust using spatula (place cheese mixture in center and smooth outward to avoid mixing with crumb crust).
- 7 Cut in chocolate syrup*.
- 8 Place ramekins in a cake pan, add water to cake pan covering 1/3 of the ramekin.
- 9 Bake at 325°F until golden, approximately 20 - 30 minutes (insert toothpick thru middle of cake until toothpick comes out dry).
- 10 Allow to cool on cookie rack and serve.
- 11 If desired, before serving you may sprinkle with a bit of bitter sweet chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.
- 12 *Hint: You may want to swirl in chocolate syrup. Easy way to do this would be to create a swirl of chocolate sauce over the cheese mixture and use a toothpick to cut back and forth until you have reached a desired design.