Lamb Fajitas Recipe using New Zealand Lamb leg steaks.You’ve had steak fajitas and chicken fajitas, but have you tried lamb fajitas? These Fuss-Free Lamb Fajitas use New Zealand Lamb—and they are fantastic.
Try Fuss-Free Lamb Fajitas using New Zealand Lamb leg steaks.
Cook’s Tips: Don’t turn meat too frequently as it cooks because you want it to get nicely browned on each side.
- 4 New Zealand Lamb leg steaks (about 350g), thawed if frozen
- 1 teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried coriander leaf or 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 1 red and 1 yellow pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed or 1 tsp garlic purée
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Warmed flour tortillas, slice d fresh avocado, soured cream and tomato salsa, to serve
- 1 Cut the lamb into thin strips and mix with the chilli, cumin, coriander and 1 tbsp oil. Cover with cling film and leave for 10 minutes. Cut the onion in half and then each piece into 8 wedges. Cut the peppers in half and throw away the seeds and core. Cut peppers into strips.
- 2 Heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, peppers and garlic over a medium heat for 5 minutes until softened and beginning to brown. Tip onto a clean plate and return the pan to the heat.
- 3 Add the lamb to the pan and fry over a high heat for about 3 minutes until well browned, stirring every now and then. Return vegetables to the pan and add a few splashes of lemon juice. Cook for 1-2 minutes until really hot. Serve piled into flour tortillas with loads of slices of fresh avocado, soured cream and salsa sauce.