Laura’s Sublime Cranberry Sauce is the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving table. It uses fresh cranberries, which are in-season for the fall holidays, pineapple and oranges juices, maple syrup, honey and optional rum.
- 12 ounces fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup fresh pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 ounces gold rum (optional)
- 1 In a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat, combine berries, juice, maple syrup and honey. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2 Stir in rum, if using, then bring to a final boil. Remove from heat and serve or store, covered and refrigerated, until use.