Lavender Panna Cotta Recipe. Panna cotta is an Italian “cooked cream” considered to be among the world’s most elegant desserts. The lavender honey adds another layer of wonderful flavor complexity.
Why Try? Surprise and delight your guests with this special dessert that’s not only delicious, but on top of the food trends, thanks to the touch of lavender.
Foodie Byte: Warm the lavender honey in the microwave for 10 seconds to make it flow easier.
Recipe courtesy Moveable Feast
- 1 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon gelatin
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons lavender, divided
- 1/2 cup good quality honey
- 1 Apply a light coating of oil to 4 five-ounce ramekins.
- 2 In a medium saucepan, over low heat, warm ½ cup cream to 100°F, remove from heat and sprinkle gelatin over it.
- 3 Let stand for 10 minutes and then whisk until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- 4 Bring the remaining cream, sugar and salt to boil, whisking often. Reduce to heat to a simmer, continue to stir often, for 5 minutes.
- 5 Remove the pan from the heat.
- 6 Add gelatin mixture and stir until smooth.
- 7 Add 1 teaspoon lavender and gently fold into mixture with a few even strokes. Allow mixture to steep for 10 minutes, strain through a fine sieve into a pitcher.
- 8 Evenly distribute the mixture between four ramekins.
- 9 Allow to cool to room temperature, then loosely cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or until thoroughly set.
- 10 Invert onto serving plates. To do so, run a thin knife along the sides of the ramekins, place an inverted plate on top, then flip the two and gently slide the ramekin off.
- 11 Combine honey and 1 teaspoon lavender and microwave for 10 seconds.
- 12 Drizzle the panna cotta with honey and serve immediately.