A traditional Lebanese breakfast, this Halloumi and Egg dish consists of halloumi cheese, perfectly enveloped by sunny-side-up eggs, and lightly drizzled with a mint yogurt dressing. Perfect, quick and simple.
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
Thanks to the chefs at Rattan Direct for this recipe.
- 4 slices halloumi cheese
- 4 eggs
- 2 tbsp Greek yogurt
- Freshly chopped mint
- Olive oil for shallow frying
- 1 Heat a generous slick of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- 2 Add the halloumi to the pan and brown on one side.
- 3 Crack the eggs over the halloumi, aiming to keep the cheese nestled under the egg.
- 4 Baste the eggs until the white has set and the yolk still runny.
- 5 Season with paprika and tip onto a plate.
- 6 Mix the yogurt with fresh mint and enough water to create a runny dressing.
- 7 Drizzle the dressing over the eggs and serve hot.