Nothing says fall like pumpkins and nothing says fun like individual pumpkin soups serve with spiderade for the kids and Lemon Espresso Martinis for the grown-ups!
- 2 tablespoons lemon syrup (recipe below)
- 2 shots vodka
- 2 shots cold strong espresso
- 1 cup ice
- 2 slices lemon rind
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 For the Lemon Syrup, cut 2 lemons in half, 3 cups water, 1 cup sugar.
- 2 In a medium sauce pan cover lemon with water and bring to a boil.
- 3 Simmer for 45 minutes then remove lemons from water and cool.
- 4 Scrape out fruit, pulp and pith; toss away.
- 5 Combine water, sugar and lemons in sauce pan and simmer until translucent, about 35-40 minutes
- 6 Use the rind for martinis and vinaigrette dressing and the syrup for iced tea and martinis.
- 7 Rub rim of martini glass with lemon rind and dip in sugar.
- 8 Combine lemon syrup, vodka, espresso and ice in martini shaker. Shake vigorously.
- 9 Pour into martini glasses and serve with lemon rind.