Grilled Aussie Leg of Lamb will take away any fear you have of trying something new! It’s simply marinate, grill and enjoy.
Find our other original Aussie lamb recipes at this link and “own your party” with as many as you choose!
- 4-5 pound boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and separated into 4 muscles
- 2 large lemons, juiced
- 6-8 cloves garlic, rough chopped
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup fresh rosemary, rough chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, coarse-ground
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, as needed
- 1 Remove lamb from netting; using a sharp paring knife, cut between the muscles to separate boneless leg of lamb into 4 large pieces. Trim excess fat; butterfly larger pieces of meat so all pieces have a somewhat uniform thickness.
- 2 In a medium bowl, whisk together lemon juice, garlic, olive oil, rosemary, black pepper and balsamic vinegar. Combine lamb pieces and marinade in a shallow baking dish or large sealable plastic bags. Marinate a minimum of 4 hours or overnight, turning occasionally.
- 3 Bring lamb to room temperature before grilling. Drain marinade and discard. Season lamb with salt and black pepper.
- 4 Heat grill to medium high heat. Grill lamb, turning occasionally, until thermometer registers 125 to 130 degrees, or to desired doneness (times may vary depending on size of the pieces).
- 5 Remove from heat; let lamb rest loosely covered for 15 minutes.
- 6 Slice thinly across the grain for serving.