What’s better than sweet succulent lobster meat lightly tossed with mayo and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, all piled in buttery split-top toasted buns? You just have to indulge in this over-the-top sandwich one last time before summer gives way to autumn. We customized our lobster rolls with crunchy celery and scallions, then finished with a drizzle of warm drawn butter- what could be better!
- 1 (1-lb.) cooked lobster (about 10-oz. cooked lobster meat)
- 2 to 4 tbsp. best quality mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp. finely chopped celery
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. finely chopped scallions
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 split-top hot dog buns
- 2 tbsp. butter
- clarified butter, warm, as needed
- 1 Remove the meat from lobsters; rough chop into large bite-size pieces.
- 2 In a bowl, combine lobster meat, mayonnaise, celery, lemon juice, scallions, salt and black pepper; stir to blend.
- 3 Using a serrated knife, slice outer edges off each bun; spread butter on cut sides of each roll; toast, butter side down, in a skillet over medium heat for 1 minute on each side, or until golden.
- 4 Spoon lobster mixture evenly into toasted buns.
- 5 Drizzle lightly with melted butter and dive in!