Grilled corn-on-the-cob is a summer staple, but Sedona-based Chef Lisa Dahl is the queen of Loco Elote (grilled Mexican corn) – made with mayonnaise, lemon, garlic, cayenne pepper, cotija cheese, and cilantro.
Chef Dahl shows you how to make your own version, sharing her culinary talents which have led the Sedona culinary scene for more than 2 decades. She makes her food with organic, health conscious ingredients, which is perfect for Sedona, long known as a mecca for those seeking health and wellness.
We recently shared another delicious recipe from Chef Dahl for Grilled Ambrosial Bundles.
- 2 ears fresh cleaned corn
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Squeeze of lemon
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1+1 tablespoons grated parmesan or cotija cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 Mix mayo, lemon, garlic, cayenne and 1 tablespoon of cheese in a small bowl. Place corn on a shallow plate and slather paste generously over entire ear surface. Reserve enough cheese and all of the cilantro for the topping.
- 1 Make sure that grill rack is clean and coals are hot but the flame has tempered. Place corn on grill and leave in place until the initial side is nice and well marked before turning.
- 2 Continue rolling corn until uniformly charred and browned on all sides.
- 3 Carefully remove corn from grill and generously sprinkle with grated cheese and freshly chopped cilantro.