No time to cook? Make this Louisiana Crawfish Corn Soup by opening cans of corn and tomatoes and just adding crawfish. You can keep Louisiana crawfish in the freezer to pull out for year-round cravings, including the ones you’ll have for this simple, yet superb, tomato-based soup.
Follow along with Holly Clegg as she demonstrates how to prepare this one of a kind crawfish soup, here.
This recipe is brought to us by Holly Clegg’s Trim and Terrific Gulf Coast Favorites cookbook!
- 2 (15 1/2-oz.) cans cream-style corn
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (14 1/2-oz.) cans diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (15-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 2 lb Louisiana crawfish tails, rinsed and drained
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 In large nonstick pot, combine cream-style corn, corn, tomatoes and green chilies, tomato sauce, until heated.
- 2 Bring to boil.
- 3 Lower heat and cook 5 minutes.
- 4 Add crawfish, stirring until heated.
- 5 Sprinkle with green onions.