You love lasagna, but your waistline may not! What’s the solution? This delicious Turkey Lasagna that’s low carb and uses zucchini, instead of pasta.
It’s quick and easy, with layers of mouthwatering flavor. Perfect for your weeknight meal rotation!
Want to see how it’s done? We have the video right here!
For The Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 26 oz your favorite marinara sauce
- 1 lb ground dark meat turkey
- 1 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup water
For The Filling
- 10 oz frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, plus more for the top of the lasagna
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 16 oz low fat ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 zucchinis, cut 1/4 inch thick
- 1 Brown the turkey in a pan with the oil, breaking apart the meat into tiny pieces. Add the marinara sauce and the herbs and spices. Allow to simmer while you assemble the other ingredients. Slice the zucchini on a mandolin, or with knife.
- 2 In a separate bowl, mix together the filling ingredients and stir to combine well. To assemble the lasagna, always begin with a thin layer of sauce on the bottom of your baking dish, which prevents the ‘noodles’ from sticking.
- 3 Then place an overlapping layer of zucchini slices in the baking dish. Scoop out some of the ricotta filling evenly, followed by the sauce. Continue layering until all the zucchini, meat sauce and ricotta filling are used up.
- 4 Sprinkle generously with mozzarella on top. Bake, covered, at 350 for 40 minutes. Uncover, crank up the heat to 375 and cook for another 10 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. Allow to rest for several minutes before serving.