Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
Enjoy these very French spongy cake-like cookies the day they are made.
Makes 1 dozen
Facts per Serving
Calories: 102 Fat, Total: 7g Carbohydrates, Total: 9g
Cholesterol: 51mg Sodium: 60mg Protein: 2g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 62% % Cal. from Carbs: 35%
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 vanilla bean, halved lengthwise
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 7 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Powdered sugar
- 1 Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 2 Brush nonstick madeleine pan with 12 indentations with softened butter. Place eggs in large metal bowl. Using small sharp knife, scrape moist seeds from vanilla bean into eggs. (Reserve pod for another use.)
- 3 Using electric mixer, beat eggs until pale. Gradually mix in sugar and beat until ribbon forms, about 4 minutes. Sift flour and salt over eggs and gently fold in just until blended. Fold in melted butter. Spoon batter into indentations of prepared pan.
- 4 Bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely. Sift powdered sugar over madeleines.
- 5 VARIATION: For orange-vanilla madeleines, add 1 teaspoon grated orange peel to batter.