Enjoy a twist on New Orleans’ traditional King Cake; make these melt-in-your-mouth cinnamon cookies to celebrate this year!
This recipe courtesy of Pioneer Brand, C.H.Guenther & Son, Inc.
Look for our Decorator Icing recipe to decorate these cookies!
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 cups Pioneer Original or Buttermilk Biscuit & Baking Mix
- 1 In large mixer bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg, vanilla and cinnamon; beat until light and fluffy. Add Pioneer Biscuit & Baking Mix, beating on low speed to combine.
- 2 Wrap dough in plastic wrap, shaping into a 1-inch-thick disk. Chill dough for at least 1 hour.
- 3 On surface dusted with additional biscuit and baking mix, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut out shapes with a 5x3-inch crown-shaped or other cookie cutter. Place 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- 4 Bake at 350°F for 12 to 14 minutes or until tops are light brown. Cool on cookie sheet for 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool completely. Decorate as desired. Makes 20 to 22 cookies.