A great grab-and-go lunch, this healthy salad is perfect for work, school or even a picnic. It’s a vegetarian salad, so if you want extra protein, feel free to add beans. Or toss in some cooked chicken if you like.
Shared by Pasta Fits, the National Pasta Association.
- 4 ounces farfalle
- 4 ounces low-fat baby bocconcini cheese
- 1 cup / 5 ounces heirloom cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup / 5 ounces cucumber, chopped
- 1 cup / 5 ounces red pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup / 2.5 ounces red onion, chopped
- 2 cups / 2 ounces baby spinach
Red Wine Vinaigrette
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- 1 Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and set aside; let cool.
- 2 Divide pasta and cheese among four (8 ounce) Mason jars. Toss together tomatoes, cucumber, red pepper and onion. Divide evenly among jars.
- 3 Red Wine Vinaigrette: whisk together oil, parsley, vinegar, mustard, oregano, and salt and pepper.
- 4 Drizzle vinaigrette over tomato mixture; top with spinach. Cover and refrigerate for up to 4 hours. Shake before serving.
- 5 May substitute baby kale for spinach if desired.