A Mediterranean version of the classic Italian appetizer. Fresh ricotta, olives, and herbs prepare anyone’s palate for more.
Recipe courtesy of Chinet.
- 1 (1-pound) loaf ciabatta, cut into 1-inch wide slices
- 1/4 Cup olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) container whole milk ricotta
- 2 large seeded and diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons freshly chopped basil leaves plus whole leaves, for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Drizzle the bread with the olive oil and place onto preheated grill.
- 2 Grill until golden brown, about 2 to 3 minutes per side.
- 3 In a medium bowl, combine ricotta, tomatoes, olives, basil, and salt and pepper. Squeeze lemon over the bread. Sprinkle bread with oregano and salt and pepper, to taste.
- 4 Place ricotta mixture on top of the grilled bread, garnish with basil leaves and serve.