This rich creamy Mediterranean-inspired dip features a lively blend of chickpeas, tahini paste, lemon, garlic and olive oil blended velvety smooth and delicious in a food processor for quick and easy assembly. Serve hummus garnished with a drizzle of olive oil and roasted pepper puree with a generous portion of whole grain rye crackers for indulgent dipping.
Why Try? It’s so easy! Why not make fresh homemade hummus for your next party or family get-together?
Watch Chef Cari as she makes it in an episode of :90 Seconds in the Kitchen. You’ll see just how easy it really is!
- 2 cans (15.50 oz. each) chickpeas, drained, liquid reserved
- 6 tablespoons tahini sesame paste
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic and pepper seasoning blend
- reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, as needed
- Roasted red pepper puree, as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Flatbread or pita bread
- 1 Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2 Combine chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, garlic cloves, kosher salt and garlic pepper in bowl of food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- 3 Pulse until smooth; adding 2 to 4 tablespoons reserved liquid from canned chickpeas, as needed, to adjust thickness of hummus dip.
- 4 Taste and adjust seasoning, if needed.
- 5 Brush flat bread or pita bread with olive oil and sprinkle with Kosher salt. Place on baking sheet and warm for approximately 5 minutes.
- 6 To serve: Spoon hummus on serving plate or bowl; garnish with a dollop of roasted red pepper sauce and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve with warm flatbread or pita chips.