This recipe for Mediterranean Pizza with Grapes is a take on a classic pizza, made with naan. Filled with the protein of your choice browned and seasoned with tomato paste, olive oil, lemon juice, paprika and cayenne.
Pizzas are topped with a mixture of grapes, parsley, onion, lemon juice, and olive oil—seasoned to taste.
Recipe and photo shared by our friends at the California Table Grape Commission.
- 1-1/2 cups red California grapes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley leaves, lightly chopped
- 1/4 cup red onion, slivered
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (divided) plus additional for drizzling
- Pinch salt
- To taste freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 pound ground lamb, beef, or dark-meat turkey
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground paprika
- pinch cayenne
- 2 whole-wheat naans (about 4.4 ounces each)
- 1 Preheat oven to 475°F.
- 2 In a large bowl combine the grapes, parsley leaves, red onion, lemon juice, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- 3 In a large skillet heat 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add the garlic and meat, and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes. Stir in tomato paste, cumin, paprika, and cayenne.
- 4 Place naans on parchment-lined baking sheets, brush with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, and spread the meat mixture on the naans. Bake until each naan is browned and lightly crisp, 8-10 minutes. Top with grape mixture and drizzle with additional olive oil if desired. Cut in pieces and serve.