Mediterranean Style Stuffed Peppers Recipe. The delicious stuffing features ground beef, brown rice, golden raisins and almonds seasoned with a flavorful Super Spice combination.
Recipe courtesy of McCormick®.
Nutrition Information (per serving): Calories: 229, Fat: 9 g, Carbohydrates: 19 g, Cholesterol: 67 mg, Sodium: 281 mg, Fiber: 4 g, Protein: 18 g.
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, finely crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Oregano Leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt from McCormick® Sea Salt Grinder
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 can (14 ounces) no salt added tomato sauce
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 medium green bell peppers, halved lengthwise, stem and seeds removed
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced fat feta cheese
- 1 Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix rosemary, cinnamon, oregano and sea salt in small bowl. Set aside. Cook ground beef in large skillet on medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink, stirring occasionally to break up meat. Drain fat. Add spice mixture; cook and stir 1 minute.
- 2 Stir in tomato sauce, raisins and almonds. Bring to boil. Remove from heat. Add rice and egg; mix well. Arrange bell pepper halves, cut-side up, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Spoon beef mixture evenly into bell pepper halves. Pour 1/4 cup water into dish. Cover with foil.
- 3 Bake 45 minutes or until bell peppers are tender. Sprinkle filling with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes longer or until cheese is lightly browned.