These stuffed dates are a huge hit at any party–and if there are any left, they reheat beautifully!
- 12 Medjool dates
- 24 slices of canned water chestnuts
- 12 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger (estimate - you will need a couple of shakes per date)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce (estimate - you will need a few drops per date)
- 24 toothpicks
- 1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2 Split the dates in two and remove the pit, leaving you with 24 halves.
- 3 Insert a water chestnut into each half.
- 4 Cut bacon strips in half so you have a total of 24.
- 5 Wrap bacon around each stuffed date and secure with a toothpick.
- 6 Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- 7 Sprinkle a little of the ginger over the top - just a shake or two.
- 8 Drop a few drops of soy sauce over the bacon.
- 9 Bake for 25-30 minutes or until bacon is to desired crispness.
- 10 Remove from baking sheet and serve warm.