This country soup comes from the Ligurian area of Italy. Vegetarian, vegan, gluten free, high in fiber, only five ingredients, it is one of the simplest and least expensive dishes you could serve! It truly is delicious! Paired with thick slices of crusty country bread and a green salad you have the perfect winter dinner.
This is a recipe from Chat ‘n Dish show host, KC Quaretti. View episodes of the show now on The Food Channel.
- 1 1/2 cups Garbanzo Beans or Chickpeas
- 1/3 cup White Beans
- 1/3 cup Buckwheat
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Olive oil
- 1 Soak garbanzo beans, white beans and the buckwheat on separate bowls of water overnight.
- 2 Rinse garbanzo and put into a pot with enough water to cover by one inch.
- 3 Add the bay leaf and salt.
- 4 Simmer for 2 hours
- 5 Rinse and add the white beans, add water if necessary
- 6 Simmer for 30 minutes
- 7 Add the buckwheat
- 8 Simmer for 30 minutes
- 9 Serve with a drizzle of olive oil and pepper