Millet is a classic grain with a mild flavor that works well with just about everything. It’s especially great with fresh peaches.
This Millet and Peach Salad recipe is full or rich colors and flavors, and couldn’t be easier to make.
- Handful lamb lettuce
- 3/4 cup prepared millet
- 1 peach, sliced and pan-grilled
- 1 tablespoon feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon basil, chopped
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3-4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoon s water
- 1 tablespoon hemp hearts, for topping
- 1 Place a handful of lamb lettuce on a plate.
- 2 Meanwhile, prepare the millet according to the package instructions + in a separate skillet over medium heat, lightly pan-grill the peach slices – roughly 2 minutes.
- 3 In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice, olive oil, honey, + water and mix well, then set aside.
- 4 Top the lettuce with the prepared quinoa, peach slices, feta, basil, hemp hearts, + dressing. Voila!