Recipe Courtesy of Cooking.com.
By adding a few different ingredients to a good basic pound cake, you can transform it to something special. Mini chocolate chips and dried tart cherries soaked in orange liqueur is added to one version and topped with a chocolate glaze. Another version has lemon and lime juice and peel added to the cake and is drizzled with a lemon-lime powdered sugar glaze.The third version has purchased toffee bits added and a brown sugar glaze topping the cake. You can also divide the pound cake mixture in half and add half of the cherry-chocolate chips mixture to half the batter and half of lemon lime mixture to the other half, if desired.
Makes about 10
Facts per Serving
Calories: 574 Fat, Total: 30g Carbohydrates, Total: 70g
Cholesterol: 210mg Sodium: 167mg Protein: 6g
Fiber: 0g % Cal. from Fat: 47% % Cal. from Carbs: 49%
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 1/2 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 FOR POUND CAKES: Position rack in center of oven and preheat to 325ºF. Generously butter and flour 10 miniature bundt cake pans (about 1 cup capacity each).
- 2 Sift flour and salt into medium bowl. Using electric mixer, beat butter in large bowl until fluffy. Gradually add sugar and beat until well blended, about 3 to 4 minutes. Add eggs 1 at a time, beating until well blended after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Beat in flour mixture alternately with whipping cream in 3 additions each until blended.
- 3 Divide mixture among prepared bundt pans (about scant 3/4 cup batter for each). Bake until tester inserted near center comes out clean, about 38 to 40 minutes. Cool on rack in pans for 15 minutes. Cut around sides of pan to loosen cakes. Turn out onto rack and cool completely. Drizzle with your choice of glaze. Let stand until glaze is set. Store in airtight containers at room temperature.